CENCO Jet Engine Test Facility, Christchurch
Consultancy Services: Fire
Project Managers: Carson Group
A highly specialised test facility for jet engines as part of the Air NZ Engineering Services maintenance programme for overseas airlines. The building includes the acoustically treated test room where $1M engines are performance tested before being returned to the airline.
Cosgroves has provided the fire engineering design and documentation for this project. The fire protection systems include Inergen and CO2 gas flood systems, water deluge, and VESDA technology. There were also site specific issues with water supply, safety cut-out interfaces, and treatment of dangerous goods.
Key Design Features
- Design and documentation of gas flood, deluge, wet pipe sprinkler, and aspirating smoke detector systems,
- Specific control interfaces between the alarm systems and other safety related devices,
- Compliance with FM and NZS Standards
- Site specific issues related to water supply and meeting design discharge requirements,
- Designing fire protection systems within budget.